A new beta version of the Utomik Client was just released: version 0.9.0. To use this new version of the Client, you'll need to be a Utomik Beta Client user. Switching to the Beta Client is easy: you can do it from the Settings menu!
This update focuses on style changes, massive performance boosts, and contains a plethora of bug fixes as an added bonus!
Here's the full list of changes:
* Major style change to featured games and featured channels. These now look a lot nicer, with tiles of different sizes appearing in a slide deck.
* Performance of the Client has been boosted massively.
* Improved 'megabytes remaining' and 'megabytes downloaded' display when downloading games. The numbers displayed will now include the number of bytes downloaded during a specific part of the initializing phase. This should fix an issue where you would see the number of bytes on disk increase, but the 'megabytes downloaded' would stay the same.
* All game tile carousels are now infinitely scrollable if they have enough content.
* Minor style changes to home page, channels page and navigation menu.
* Added ability for publishers and Utomik Admins to hide games from the home page and hide games from genre channel pages.
* Renamed 'Games' tab to 'Home'.
* Removed the ability to submit ideas via the feedback button in the Client. Ideas should now go on the Utomik Forums.
* Added support for admin flags; Utomik Admins can now easily configure specific properties of games.
* Added additional log messages to Utomik Host.
* Optimized initialization time for game downloads
* The login window will now no longer pop up when your login session has expired and the client was minimized to the system tray. This was felt to be too intrusive and caused some glitches for some users.
* Fixed game loading background image stretching incorrectly.
* Fixed an issue where sessions wouldn't always get ended when logging out.
* Fixed genrelabels appearing clickable when they weren't because no channel existed for them yet.
* Fixed 'recently played games' not updating correctly at all times (e.g. after having recently played a game).
* Fixed the 'run' protocol link not always starting the game correctly.
* Fixed login window being opened in a fullscreen window whenever you maximized the client window by dragging the window frame to the top of your monitor, then logged out.
* Fixed a few memory leaks in the Client.
* Fixed an issue where UtomikHost.exe would not exit.
* Fixed an issue where client updates would not finish.
* Fixed various cloud storage bugs for several games.
* Fixed various game specific bugs.
NOTE: since this update is still in Beta, we do not guarantee that it's completely free of issues. If you're having issues, please fall back to the Live version of the Client!